The Salvation Army of Stillwater, OK wants to thank you for helping make the Christmas season a very joyous occasion for 512 children and senior adults in Stillwater, Payne and Noble Counties. An additional 432 benefitted from the food boxes provided to each household. We would not be able to serve so many without your help – whether it is as time, talent, or resources.
Thank you to:
- Noon Kiwanis, OSU Home Mom’s (Kappa Sigma), First Assembly of God, Charley Neely, Hunter Robinson, Payne County 4H, Noon Lions, Eagle Heights Baptist Church, Troy Williamson, Delta Sigma Pi, First Church of Nazarene, Freda & Richard Lyle, SHS Beta Club, Richard Eggermen,the Adult Sunday School of University Heights Baptist, and the Methodist Men, and many individuals that helped these groups to keep the bells ringing.
- Special thanks to Eagle Heights Baptist Church who rang the most hours for a group and raised $1,459.53! The Methodist Men rang 27 hours but also raised $1,486.20! The individual volunteer who rang the most hours was Troy Williamson with 97 hours and raised over $4,200!
- A BIG Thank you to our Kettle Stand sponsors: Harrison Electric, Shamblin Rentals, Stillwater Milling Company, Advanced Chiropractic, Dr. Stephanie Kendrick, D.D.S., Merrifeld Office Supply, Cushing Veternariary Clinic, L.L.C., VMI Inc., and Baker Pharmacy. Thank you to each of these businesses for their generosity!
- In addition to all the bell ringing, we also had several businesses and groups that hosted an Angel Tree site. We appreciate these business for making the angels accessible for individuals to adopt and purchase the gifts. Thank you to Atwoods Ranch & Home, Casner Student Council-OSU, CATOs, Countryside Baptist Church, Glo Salon, IBC Bank, JCPenney, Old Navy, St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, Stillwater Bible Church, Stillwater Junior High, USDA Food Bank, Walgreens, Walls Bargain Cener, Wal-Mart on Perkins Road and Your Hair Rocks!
- Much thanks go to Shawnee High School National Honor Society and the “Singing” Baseball team who volunteered their afternoons to unload canned goods, make boxes and fill them for 302 families so that these families could have a Christmas dinner.
- In addition, there were numerous volunteers who assisted with taking applications, preparing the angel tags, and processing the angels as they came in & helping recipients to carry the gifts, bicycles and food boxes out to their cars on Distribution Day. We could not have had such a successful day if it had not been for all these volunteers, their wonderful, cheery attitudes and strong backs!
And to your wonderfully supportive Advisory Board – Henry Siems, outgoing Chairman, Michelle Charles, Deborah Deal, Norm McNickle, Denise Strickland, Mark Wagner, Minda Wilson and Rob Woods – you all are the best! Thank you for your dedication to serve, your words of encouragement and your presence when we need you! It is an honor to serve along side you!
Your dedication to the persons in need in our community was very evident in the results of our Christmas campaign. Our goal for Christmas 2013 was $60,000 and in spite of having fewer days to ring bells and the bitter cold we were able to raise $ 51,785.73 thanks to you!
Again, our heartfelt thanks to all of The Salvation Army supporters! With your continued support, we will continue to honor our promise of Doing The Most Good for those in the most need throughout the coming year.